Thread: WTF
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 10:47 AM   #17
EliTheBeerGuy

And I would say WTF is wrong with people who freak out about those who aren't getting vaccinated. What happened to "my body my choice"?

We've had covid in my house twice now. My son and I had it first, right before pandemic shutdowns started (before anyone was even talking about it). And my wife had it in the fall. My son and I both had a bad cough, but because covid wasn't 'a thing' yet, all the pediatricians did was test for flu and suggest a humidifier in his room. Other than the fact that my wife still has no sense of smell, we made it thru just fine.

I am not anti-vax, I'm just anti-force. I fully supported all the standard (read here: "approved") vaccinations for my son. I also got whatever shot my doctor recommended when my wife was pregnant. But my wife's doctor has openly said there isn't enough data to really know for sure what effects the vaccine might have on women that are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, and/or breastfeeding.

When I was in college, I participated in medical experiments/studies for money. The more invasive, the more I got paid. Every time I had to sign a waiver stating that I understood the risks and couldn't hold the doc/hospital/school responsible in any way. And THAT is what's going on right now, except you aren't getting paid like I did.

At the end of the day, all I really want is for people to chill out and mind their own business, regardless of what side you're on. Nobody freaks out when a family member doesn't get the flu shot. Nobody freaks out and cuts off a family member when they buy a pack of cigarettes.

- EliTheBeerGuy
aka Elliot
Elliot@247Lures.com
EliTheBeerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote