View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think he's simply saying to make them illegal and people will do the right thing and turn them in, perhaps a buyback program.

Personally I don't find that a very workable solution as the there are just too many assault weapons out there. Doesn't mean we shouldn't take action though. There are a lot of common sense mechanisms that can be taken to make it harder for assault weapons to be in the hands of bad people that have majority public support.
Take action? as in the thought police? 300 million people suspected of a precrime, brilliant. Not going to happen. Those AR-15's in the hands of law abiding responsible citizens purchased legally and used lawfully are no threat to anyone other than tyrants who choose to step on peoples' rights. They will be removed from office if they continue down their path.
I can think of a hundred other things that should be done and most of them will get just as much pushback, there is no easy answer. These idiots are just getting more people to buy guns before they can't. I hope they do use common sense to keep firearms(and so called assault weapons) from bad people.
It's funny when law enforcement uses an AR-15 the media calls it a rifle, but when a maniac uses one it is an assault weapon. They are inanimate objects that need a human being to pull a trigger in order to shoot a bullet at a high rate of speed at what it is aiming at. Statists are quick to blame an object and violate the Constitutional rights of others in their lazy attempt to solve a problem.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.