View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris in Mass View Post
Through NIB's suggestion, was able to snag a plastic 55 gal plastic drum from the local car wash for nada. Cut it down to about a 25 gallon size. From all the info recieved, plus how I'm going to fish this method, and the vehicle/gear ratio, this seemed to be the optimal size for me.

The top was sealed on, so I cut that off too and will try to re-use it. It is now slightly smaller then the belly of my newly formed tub, hence the reason for the two, 2" wide bands you see (cut those from the excess body). I think I will create an inside lip with the bands so the top will be more snug. Scraped off all the burs created by the cutting process with a small hand planer. Whole process so far took about 45 minutes. I'll post more pics as I progress. Hope it helps someone someday. Time for beer and football.

Looks small.
You rarely fill it to the top with water.It wants to spill out..
So you have a 23 gallon tank.
The top has to be secured.The lid has to be secured It all has to be water tight or your gonna have a mess.The water is going to slosh around.
You'll need a door for the top.
If you can get a chlorine pail with a screw lid they work well as a door also.Cut the pail and set it into the top.You'll have to cut a nice round hole in the top.The screw lid works well as a door...Use stainless hardware for everything..Big pan heads screws like size 12, in 3/4" length will work to hold the top on.Pre drill slightly smaller, and silicone the hell out of it.It's still better to use the plywood like I suggested.It will give ya something to screw the inside of the pail for the door to.If ya go that route.Use 1" screws.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote