View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #114
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I didn't say the market was doing bad, it would do better if he shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up

What evidence do you have of that?

Just because you think he is the second coming, I thought you were a christian. Remember, Thou shalt have no other gods before Me

I don't recall Jim saying that Trump is the second coming. Could you verify that? Nor do I recall Jim saying that Trump is a God. Maybe you could also verify that?

I'm not making up anything, don't think his effect on the markets from tweets about the Federal reserve rates, tariffs, etc is inconsequential and without costs to business. Turmoil is not good for planning.
Here, read this radical news instead of State news
https://www.reuters.com/trump-effect/business-economy
or the economist or wall street journal
The markets go up and they go down on a daily basis due to various events and political statements. I don't think you would prefer that various problems should not be addressed because that would negatively affect the market. I may be wrong, maybe you would prefer that.

There was no way to correct various countries imposing tariffs on certain US goods, nor the misappropriation of American intellectual property without retaliating or threatening to do so. Trump has laid down the gauntlet, but also opened the doors to negotiations that can lead to the removal of American tariffs--the old carrot and stick thing. There are, at least, movements now in that direction. Even merely signaling that should have a positive effect on the market. And accomplishing zero tariffs should stimulate it even more.