Thread: Opiods
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #34
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I had back surgery for bulging disk a few years ago. Until then, I don't know that I had ever taken anything stronger than Tylenol, and I could never figure out how anyone could get addicted to pills.

When I woke up in pain, they gave me Percoset. The relief and euphoria that swept over me were unbelievable. I'd never tried drugs, not even pot, never felt anything like it. I had maybe a week's supply, and by the time I was done, I was licking the bottle to get every trace I could.

At my follow up, I was still in a little pain, and the doctor and I had a long talk about what he was going to give me. I told him, that I wasn't exactly comfortable with how badly my body was craving more Percoset. Part of me was telling myself to exaggerate the pain I was still in, so that he'd give me more Percoset. I told him that. He gave me something weaker, and gradually weaned me off everything. But getting off the pain meds entirely, was much harder than I ever dreamed it could be. Maybe not everyone reacts that way, but I did.

Dangerous stuff.
Yep. I have been offfered iot before. I think I am strong enough not to get hooked, just not willing to take the chance. Seen WAY too many people get the taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Its getting real friggin old....
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
A couple tokes of th diggidy dank would do your soul good Jim. Put on some rusted root or some early Grateful Dead ... plow a pint of Ben and Jerry’s... and unclench that tight ass of yours. 😂😂😆😆
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeh, but it will all be OK cause you'll be giggling at stop signs

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: