View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #35
zimmy

I did not complain about being a victim. You complained about being a victim to taxes "Im tired of being raped for taxes, tired of being told I dont pay enough." I just pointed out where taxes actually go. The us corporate taxes are not evenly distributed. There are loopholes and subsidies everywhere. There are many examples that show that a large % of corporations in the 35% tax bracket actually pay between 5%-10%. Again it isn't straight forward that business is getting killed because the tax rate is 35%. It is a simplification of the reality of what they pay.

You are putting words in my mouth. I am not blaming "the man" for screwing me. I think are country is f'ing great and I have the best life in the world. It is the TEA PARTY that is crying the sky is falling. I am just pointing out the disconnect between the tax cry, where tax money goes, and where I see the bad parts of spending. I think the tax rate today is reasonable, although I believe the evidence that if the highest income tax rates were at levels before JWB, the deficit would be lower, which would stimulate confidence in the economy. I think the tax code should be simplified, but along with that the corporate loopholes have to go too. The way things are now, we are by far the best country in the world and have been for 400 years. I am not the one holding the signs on the corner complaining about the man.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.