Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So if Obama is Blamed For BLM movement

I guess Its Trumps fault for the White Nationalist Movement (seems the silent Majority is in Plan view now ) Mr Trump condemned violence by "many sides" - but stopped short of explicitly condemning the far-right.

Republican Senator Cory Gardner said "Mr. President - we must call evil by its name."

Senator Hatch Office ✔ @senorrinhatch
Their tiki torches may be fueled by citronella but their ideas are fueled by hate, & have no place in civil society. https://twitter.com/aletweetsnews/st...89794778218496

Senator Hatch Office ✔ @senorrinhatch
We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home. -OGH

Trump just missed another chance.. Sad he so is weak he cant even be speak against the Nazi Flag in America
"So if Obama is Blamed For BLM movement

I guess Its Trumps fault for the White Nationalist Movement "

Obama repeatedly indicated that the police were at fault, opening his fat mouth before he had the facts. he said the Cambridge police "acted stupidly", and in Ferguson, he lamented that if he had a son, he would look like Michael Brown.

That said, I don't blame Obama for the creation of BLM. For sure, he has emboldened them.

Now, how can you make a similar connection between Trump and White Supremacists? Has he ever expressed any sympathy for white supremacists? Has he ever said "hey, I live in New York City, so I get where you are all saying"?

Trump condemned violence and bigotry from all sides. Would the statement have been more powerful if he specifically mentioned the white supremacists? I believe so, yes. Does his lack of specifically calling them out, imply that he condones anything about them? Hell, no.

Here is the only question that matters. WDMSO, do you believe Trump sympathizes with white supremacists?