Thread: kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #227
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I’m disappointed, I was hoping for the explanation as to why the supposed ploy by the evil dems to delay, delay and delay involved such a late leak of the letter.

If Ford's letter was vetted when it was received, the matter, if it was going to involve the FBI, could have been resolved already. If an investigation proved Kavanaugh unfit, Kavanaugh's nomination could have been withdrawn, and a new nomination could have been made and the Senate's deliberations could have been done before the midterm elections. Time is possibly too short for that to happen now, especially if the Dems demand a further expansion of the FBI investigation. If the Dems win the Senate, then they can stop any further nominations. That's one explanation.

All you did was tell me what I already knew, that this poor women’s trust was betrayed by some (not a well coordinated dem-Clinton conspiracy) person who felt getting that information out there was more important.

One staffer likely thinking that was needed to prevent someone accused of attempted rape being confirmed to the highest post in our legal system is probably what happened. So tell me, you buying into his rant claiming that conspiracy is real and that happened, because you seemed to believe so and if so I’d refer you back to me previous post.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If that staffer was really motivated by some idea of justice, not politics, why would he/she/it believe it was right to expose, against the writer's wishes, a confused, uncorroborated statement which could destroy lives, including the accuser's as well as the judge's and his family?