Thread: crickets...
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #234
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's an application of the thought process to justify an outcome...or lack of one thereof.
That is not a rebuttal to what I said; it's just your rationalization for maintaining an indefensible position.

Quote:
Ha, OK Jim. Are you dressed all in white as well?
Sigh. Sounds like someone who has nothing left in the brainbank to write a debate check.

Quote:
If the law was so clear there would be no debate.
That leftists believe and recite fairy tales doesn't really make for a debate. What point have you made that is legally, constitutionally correct? Where is the "debate" if only one side is presenting facts and citations of verifiable legal decisions?

I guess now you will say my idea of debate is old and outdated and nobody uses facts anymore.

Quote:
The bigger issue is that the idea of "arms" is not a monolithic thing...yet it's treated as one by some to maintain a divine sensibility intended to kill all progression.
Speech isn't a monolithic thing either, the term is used as a catch-all for a myriad of expression -- some of which isn't even audible. Arms is a perfectly acceptable term that does not facially limit, qualify, condition or define what is protected . . . As it should be!

Someday you might realize / accept / understand that the right is not created, given, grated or established by the words chosen to secure it and you will stop trying to make the right dependent on words it does not depend upon.

The right to arms is not what can be squeezed from the words of the 2nd Amendment. The right is the silence in the body of the Constitution -- what it doesn't say -- granting any power to the federal government to have any interest whatsoever in the personal arms of the private citizen.

Quote:
First, you have to admit there's a problem you want to change.
I recognize that a problem exists; I just do not agree that the way to solve it is to enact laws that impact those who are not responsible for the problem (and violate fundamental rights in the process).

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.