View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 11:51 AM   #192
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
How far away is Chicago from Indiana, a place with almost no gun control? Or DC from Virginia?

So the governance of the state and country make no difference?

The USA safety rating has decreased yearly since 2016 yet you squawk like it’s a new thing and impossible to solve.

The NRA has spent millions on politicians over the past thirty years, succeeding in removing the successful assault weapons ban.
Since 2004 when there were 400,000 in existence the number has grown to more than 20 million.

Trumplican politicians pose in campaign ads, with weapons and people have pictures of their families with their weapons.
And we wonder why we have mass shootings in this country.

You claim the issue is in Cities, you mean like Uvalde?

You parrot all the talking points, consistently and claim that any counterpoint is parroting.

It’s not impossible, following the Uvalde, Texas school shooting, Canada is expanding background checks, banning 1,500 types of military-style assault weapons, starting a buyback program, and requiring rifle magazines to be permanently altered to never hold more than 5 rounds.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
SO you're not going to come close to answering my question, shocker.

"How far away is Chicago from Indiana, a place with almost no gun control? Or DC from Virginia?"

You're proving my point. Like Chicago and DC, every place in America is surrounded by guns. Which is why prospective gun laws have little impact. How will it be different this time?

"You claim the issue is in Cities, you mean like Uvalde?"

If we're talking about garden variety gun violence, the issue is primarily cities, yes. I don't see any small suburbs on your list of places with the highest murder rates. Do you?

"You parrot all the talking points"

Nope. I've said 100 times I support common sense gun control that hasn't been shown to be a dismal failure already.

That was a good post by you. You dodged my question completely, and told 3/4 demonstrably false lies.

"Canada is expanding background checks"

Totally support that.

"banning 1,500 types of military-style assault weapons"

We did that here, they let it lapse because it didn't work.

"requiring rifle magazines to be permanently altered to never hold more than 5 rounds."

These are clearly aimed at mass shootings, and might help. They will do absolutely nothing to put a dent in the carnage happening in our cities, which claims way more lives., Why is your side so much more concerned about these rare mass shootings, than about what happens every single day in our cities?

Answer - it's about winning lections, not about saving lives.

Rudy Guilianni showed us how to save lives, he paved the way when he was mayor of NY. But those policies don't help liberals win elections, so better to do away with them and live with the spike in murders.