View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #107
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Having/not having kids is a personal choice that all should consider before putting themselves in that position for the next 18-23 years.

Why exactly should a cop/teacher/whatever have to suffer for other people's decisions?
I agree, but kids change your outlook and what you pay. What I pay monthly for daycare would pay 99% of most peoples mortgage. Tack on increased taxes, when does it become financially not worth it for me or my wife to work? You may think Im kidding, but my wife and I have had this discussion many, many times. I have done hypothetical calculations with the main variable - our taxes. Do we want to have a country where prosperous people cant afford to work? I dont expect anyone to pay a dime for my kids, but news flash most of the people who you side with politically DO.

Why should a teacher or cop suffer from others decisions? Kind of silly question, no? I suffer from my boss's decisions. I suffer from my coworkers decisions. I can leave at any time. A teacher or cop should suffer OR benefit from others decisions too. There needs to be fiscal responsibility and we - you and me, are the bosses, we pay the bills. If teachers or cops dont like the benefits or pay, they can pursue other careers. the market should be defining wages and benefits.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all