View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #25
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
I just retired and we are fine. We lived very frugally for most of our lives. Hell, I'm driving a TrailBlazer with 235,000 miles on it and my pickup has 150,000.
We always saved what we could without depriving the family of anything. We didn't tour Europe, Asia or South America but did do the Disney thing and Florida for a week every winter.

I didn't buy a boat until I was 58 and I have worked constantly. I have been accused by more than one member of this site of being a workaholic. Seems like it paid off.
House, cars, boat are all paid for. No cc debt. Basically taxes, insurance and the normal monthly expenses. Bingo!!!
BINGO.... ...U R so rite too.....we think a little a like....that must scare U...LOL.....I was 45 when I started skiing and bought a boat...bought a new car young, monthly payments for a few years let the miles grow ...paid off truck...275 thou mileage... mean time kept putting monthly payment in bank..9 years later buy new truck for cash....never had 401K...other then health well off today and both grand children college will be mostly paid thru investments.
Social is only supplement to buy food for the dog.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote