View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Being a bully is not good leadership.

Because you keep repeating that he is a bully does not make it so.

We have supported many authoritarian regimes in the past and paid the price with lives in Vietnam and the Middle east, the current refugee crisis from central america is the result of our support of failed dictators that we approved of because of what they were not.

Trump was not involved.

We now have one of our own,

So now are we switching from bully to dictator?

who thinks that he is what makes America great.

"great again"--returning it to its greatness not some greatness that Trump invented.

In his words:
"I tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash, I think everybody would be very poor."

Pointing to his head, he said: "Because without this thinking, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."
It's "thinking" that he has learned from experience and economic advisers, maybe even from a study of American history. He didn't magically or from dictatorial impulse come up with novel ideas that never were tried. The "thinking" in his head are the store of knowledge he has learned/not created.

It's very easy to turn Trump speak into whatever you want it to mean. Picking low hanging fruit is easy but not impressive. Certainly not convincing to more than simple-minded "thinking."