Thread: Red Tide in FL
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We had and airbnb reserved in Sarasota for the last two weeks of February, but we are now thinking of eating the cancellation fee and booking east coast near Indian River and Vero Beach due to the red tide. I've been monitoring it for several months and it doesn't seem to be getting any better and since my better half loves the beach and swimming; it's not looking like that will be a pleasant experience. Breathing issues are really a problem on all the beaches and fish and marine life kills are widespread still. I hate to eat a couple hundred bucks and then pay likely double that on the east coast with a late booking, but if I delay I'll be screwed. Anyone fished around the Indian River area, looks fishy on the map?
My mother lives in Bradenton and when I spoke to her the other day, she said red tide had not been a problem lately. Of course that could change with the next wind.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote