View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

She wanted a BAC test at the hospital... to prove that otherwise. And either way.. a simple "hey get away from the car" would suffice. Plus other witnesses backed her story, and there's video of over use of force.

I assure you i was nothing but polite when i was asking my question. The officer I was dealing with had a chip on his shoulder. He was taking my statement as a witness when i asked my questions. A statement completely left off of the report mind you...

and yeah maybe paranoid. But when i walk by the average Joe on the street, i am not fearful. When i walk by a cop i am afraid for my life every time. Even when doing nothing wrong. You never know what kind of day the guy is having, and he's armed to the teeth with the ability to ruin your life if he feels like it.
i really wish that wasn't the case, but more and more i see these giant gorilla like police officers with angry scowls on their face, usually fresh back from a war zone. They just do what they are taught to do. Neutralize threats. 20 years ago, they would work with people to solve problems. Now they just slap on cuffs, or beat them, or kill them. Cause officers safety some how trumps the publics safety now. If a suspect is causing an immediate threat... do what you have to do. But lethal force or any force should always be last resort. Not just a short cut to fixing the problem.

for instance a guy with knife... no hostage just having a tough time.. keeping his distance from the cops, should not be shot. He should be tazed and pepper sprayed.. but these days, they'll shoot him and use the "threat' as a justification. And legally it is. But that's not how they should have dealt with it..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device