View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim. Just saw a clip of Trump at a campaign rally Monday Stating were going to fix cancer ... spin that.

At the president's official re-election kickoff event on Tuesday, Don Jr. mocked Joe Biden over his cancer moonshot. And the crowd went wild. !!!! And a mere few hours later President Trump said 'we' will come up with a cure for many diseases, including cancer.

What reality does his supporters live in ??
I
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
here’s my spin, i saw it too. i don’t like when biden makes promises he can’t keep, i dont like it when Trump does it. I hold them both to the same standard. Anything hypocritical about that?

However, from what i saw, Trump didn’t say that curing cancer was
contingent to his getting elected. he didn’t say we’d cure cancer, only if he was elected.

i liked the cancer moonshot initiative. setting lofty goals
and sharing hope, is good. telling people that they will live only if you get elected, is bad.

Here’s the reality I live in. Trump signed the “right to try” act, which gives sick people who haven’t been helped
by established treatments, the right to try experimental treatment not yet approved by the FDA. no one before trump bothered to sign what is such an obvious thing. He signed it, and it’s irrefutable fact that people are alive today because of it. Obama or bush could easily have signed that, they chose not to.

trump absolutely deserves credit for that. is he a jerk? hell yes. did he do something no one else bothered to do, to save lives? hell, yes.

what do you think?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device