Thread: Olympic hockey
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #24
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Think we could see that kid in a Tampa Bay sweater pretty soon.... Yzerman had a pretty good view of him in that game. Babcock will probably try to trade for him.
Yeah, as Ben Bishop's back-up. You don't dump the best goalie in the East right now for a maybe, based on his Olympic performance. But his trade value probably went up. Jimmy Howard is the US' #3 goalie, but Babcock might have some interest in the Latvian to replace Jonas Gustavsson as the back up---although he is Sweden's #2 goalie in Sochi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefish View Post
I like these match ups. The swedes and the fins have got to be rivals--their neighbors. I'm excited to see that game. It should be back-and- forth wide open European style hockey. Go Rask.

If the US plays and puts the puck in the net by all the different players that have scored and if Canada plays the way the have been--then I'm going with USA winning gold.

However, you watch, Canada shows up and plays their best game of the Olympics against us and we go down with a loss.
Sweden-Finland is a bigger rivalry than Bs-Habs.

The Finns haven't played the wide-open European game. They've been grinders, like the US D.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote