View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Got some nice GoPro video of fighting mahi's but during editing it crashed my video card drivers.......have to spend some time resetting and wasn't in the mood last night after 32hrs on the water!

Here's some pics. Got 10 mahi total, 3 were in the 16-18lb class. The mako was about 52", 125lb (est). Tail wrapped him but he still managed 3 GOOD runs before submitting to the gaffs/tail ropes. Great job by the team (Bryan/Dad) bringing this fish to the boat and into the boat safely.

Great trip.

Saw a nice large marlin jumping in the distance, must have flew 4-5 times.
62" fork, not 52" As far as Mako's go, it was reasonably according to plan. Gaff, gaff, rope, and bleed em!!

glad you had a good time Buzz. always disapointing with no YFT or BET or a real good haul of mahi, (the ones we did get were good size at least!)but the boat ran well and the weather mostly cooperated...

other than 1 report from Hydro (out of our range) and a commercial buddy WAY out of our range, the reports were VERY spotty between The Dip and Veatch (our grounds)... all in all not a bad trip...

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 07-31-2012 at 09:08 AM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote