View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
First Time I Met John.....

I was getting a sticker for Race Point.....it was the first year they had those insane lines to get them......anyway, Habs was a few spots ahead of me in line with Bassmaster. I knew who he was, had fished his plugs and was very pleased when he introduced himself, we talked for awhile and he showed me some of the stuff he was working on. Just a real, sincere guy....no BS. I also had the pleasure of having him at Plug Night at MSBA 2 years ago.....he gave my son a Habs shirt, which was very generous of him (I also think he wanted my son running around in a Habs shirt.....which he did! I know John got a laugh out of that!) Saw him at RISSA this past Spring and we talked a bit and he had alot of good, sincere advice for a new guy in the plug business. I appreciated that alot! He was also doing the fundraiser raffle for Bob Pond and his Wife.....which seemed to be what John was all about. How fitting. He will be missed by many and has left a lasting legacy for us all.

Plug story....before I started making my own....I was fishing a blurple needle at a favorite local spot one morning and was pounding fish for an hour or so until the sun came up! Man that was fun! Also one of the first batches of plugs I ever made had a few Habs "knock-%$%$%$%$ needles in it.....first night out with my own handmade plugs, Slingah and I were bangin' fish from about 10:00 pm until sunrise on them...fish from about 15 to maybe a few 25 pounds or more......all night long! I have Johns example to thank for that great night! Bumped into BM and Slipknot that night too....it was a blast!

Thanks John and Rest In Peace.
Larry

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote