View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:55 AM   #10
Rmarsh

Being one of eight children...you soon realize that the world does not revolve around you, and I grew up taking what I was given and asking for nothing more.

Back in the chamber cleaning, I wondered what other dirty jobs Joe had lined up. I worked diligently.... making good progress, and by the end of the day I was close to finishing...and completely filthy.

I cleaned my hands and face as best I could and waited for Joe to come pick me up. I waited some more....then wondered if he was coming or maybe forgot me. After an hour or so I made the decision to start walking home...it was a long way but I had a lot of experience with that and I usually had good luck with hitchhiking rides.
Problem with that was I was filthy from head to toe...no one was stopping. Somehow I ended up on I 195...still holding my thumb out there but nada. Was about to give up and just walk when I saw a white Buick Wildcat coming down the highway....could that be my dad? It was....he must have recognized me at the last second....he quickly pulled over and I ran to the car.
"Jesus Christ"! he said "What the hell have you been doing?" I hadn't told him anything about my new job until now.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 09-09-2020 at 06:18 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote