View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You could write this stuff all day and just as easy to write things that would appeal the other direction as well.

I assume you believe that it would depend on context, and variables, and relative perceptions. Which, of course, would make all observations merely exercises in solipsistic masturbation--just stuff easily spewed all day, going in onanistic directions--as easy, no doubt, as it was for you to write the above uninformative but dismissive sentence.

Most of these when you really read them don't make a lot of sense...they're spin.

-spence
Having really read basswipe's post, its observations make a lot of sense to me. But I view them in the context of the principles that guided the geniuses who formed this nation. When those principles are abandoned, not replaced with other consistent or immutable ones, but by rule of whim, then there is no constant "sense" to government. Basswipe's post demonstrates this well. And spin, in this state of whimsy, becomes the mode of conversation and communication. Spin is the method of persuasion. The rhetoric which daily and easily spews from the mouths of our politicians who constantly want to "help" us with new burdensome regulations persuade us to accept them by wonderfully spinning the great benefits they bestow upon us--never mind the increasing debt, contradictory laws, and loss of freedom.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-29-2013 at 12:06 AM..