View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Turner and Suffolk Construction put 1000 of people to work that support families . They actually accomplish something tangible instead of what you are used to .
Also if you think putting green roofs in, is a practical solution to climate change, you haven't thought things through too well . Another brilliant solution like those curly light bulbs and ethanol gas �� Enjoy the slopes !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think what the Chinese have resorted to is necessary and I suggested for them building green towers should be a requirement, pretty sure there isn't enough real estate in down town Boston for an extra green tower for every high rise. I keep forgetting that on this forum anyway, God help you if you don't spend an hour thinking about your post, lest it be misinterpreted.

My point on GC's in general in any major city, the owners and upper level management are making a ton of money on any developments in any major metropolitan city, don't think for a minute a little regulation for a green roof or in the case of a green tower in the Chinese cities is going to cut into their profit margins or put people out of work. I worked with a company doing business with all the developers in Boston and have a friend who is a high level PM for Suffolk, they are printing money working on developments in Boston. Prime real estate is so limited now, trust me a new regulation or two to insure there is a green roof, or affordable housing (my son works EMS in Boston and can't afford to buy) for others than those making six figures; isn't going to hurt any of these GC's.

You must probably be in the Trump camp and believe climate change is fake news and therefore what happens in other countries can't possibly affect our weather here.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 03-16-2017 at 07:47 AM..