Thread: Almost ready
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

Almost ready

I have installed the transducer and lights, and got a auto/manual pfd, whistle, flare gun with flares, paddle (for reverse),anchor (I still need to rig a trolley system though), livewell is almost finished (converting a cooler), paddle, tethers, carts.
I was considering adding the Hummingbird gps antenna Hummingbird offers for the Matrix 17 (capable of linking with other devices like the smart cast or gps, maybe more) but I think I'll either get a chart plotter and link the 2 units or maybe a handheld that I can link to the fish finder or wait and get a all in one.

I still need to get a gps or at least a compass, vhf ( I have my older handheld but the battery only last about 2 hours), livewell pump, hardware for anchor trolley.
Transducer well.jpgAll wood treated with Minwax wood hardner to waterproof, I also empty the water out after use.

100_2077.jpg
light mount.jpg Front light mounted after removing the Hobie emblem(I saved the emblem to cover the hole) and the rear light is mounted to the rudder inspection cover.

I think I will rig up a tether for the cart so I can remove it once in the water using a boat hook so I don't have to be in the water to get the cart after launch. I also had one turbo fin almost come completely off so I installed one of the new turbo fins and will carry the other new fin for emergencies.

What have I forgotten?(especially tools to keep onboard)
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote