Thread: Gun Legislation
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #235
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Spare me the cut and paste , tell me in your own words, how those simple changes impact your ability to purchase and arm yourself to your hearts content; you can’t of course but keep spouting the NRA taking points.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Any discussion of what the government should do while ignoring what the government can do is mental masturbation.

The problem with 'universal background checks' is that anti-gun people will be writing the legislation. The stated and indisputably worthwhile goal of improving the system limiting gun access for prohibited people will be hijacked because the people writing the law have a general overriding hostility for gun rights.

The other problem is that it will become a gun and owner registry, it really can't be avoided.

I would support actually prosecuting people for selling to a prohibited person and opening the NICS to private citizens. Private citizens selling a gun should be able to make a phone call, punch in the buyer's ID #'s and get an approved / denied code for the sale.

As far as cut and paste goes, what is wrong with reading original sources and actual quotes from SCOTUS etc. that state the law? Is supported argument really scorned on this site?

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.