View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #19
SAUERKRAUT
surfwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Get a grip...if you don't like the lack of content in the main forum get busy with your little fingers and create some...
Agree with Nightfighter I wish this site had more viable fish related talk-- Big Talk, Crap Talk, or Small Talk, Any talk, like it once had. I have also been remiss in posting; after all, who wants to listen to me rant? Is something like this helpful for the S-B site?

RANT: I continue fishing some of the best striper shoreline in existence-- my driveway being 16.1 miles from Cuttyhunk Harbor, 15 miles from the BB, and 18 miles from the Sag B. And a lot of places beyond, and also in between. My sometimes partners, Numbskull and PM, also know very well what they're doing. AND THE FISHING IS AWFUL. Whole tides and nights and spots without even a hit. My three best fish from Oct. 6th to last night all measured a little over 34". Maybe two others in this interim measured 30". INCHES! Pathetic.

IMO: Only if striped bass are made NO LEGAL SALE and the commercial price tag comes off their head, will this fishery ever have a chance to recover, or a chance to be effectively monitored, policed, and enforced. What fisheries management success example do you seek to ignore? The salmon and trout fisheries of Lake O; the trout fisheries of all North America; the largest participatory fishery in the USA: the LMB fishery; and more recently the Florida snook fishery, completely recovered to trophy fish availability. NO LEGAL SALE. I do not care what you call NO LEGAL SALE-- call it "Stripers Forever"; call it "Gamefish Status"-- whatever. The ASMFC bureaucrats know full well that all they are doing is managing human greed which is inseparable from basic human nature. They care not for the species, its preservation, or its recovery.
SAUERKRAUT is online now   Reply With Quote