View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Grew up in right side of the aisle Republican household. But, my mother volunteered countless hours at the Childrens hospital. She was pro abortion rights. She saw the children having children, unable to care for them, both by lacking ability and financially. Caused a huge drain on local resources, ie. public assistance. And I understand the religious view too. So when I having grown up, into my (yikes) mid sixties now with Roe V Wade having been an accepted part of our society, I am torn by the issue becoming a political football. I do not accept that my stand of supporting a woman's right puts me in the Democratic aisle, by default. That is BS. But, if the new republican party (note no capitalization) is going to make this a line in the sand... they will have completely misjudged the outcome when the black, gray, non-white population triples in size due to this change in the laws of our land.
pro life people aren’t afraid of more people if color

it’s the left that uses abortion as a tool to keep their numbers in check. Planned Parenthood was founded my a famous racist named Margaret Sanger who publicly and unashamedly said abortion was important to jeep their numbers manageable.

Raise my taxes to help those kids.

And any baby that gets put up for adoption, will immediately get scooped up by a family desperate to live him/her.

and in any event, who knows if abortions will decrease if Roe is overturned. Many states will continue tonight it as today

You made a very fair and reasonable post. as a conservative, i don’t believe that being pro choice means you have to go to the left.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device