View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Agreed. But that was not what Ronnie said, though.

Al Gore is a spokesperson, an advocate. Not a scientist. He carries little weight on the issue with me. My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage, although that is from memory.

Glad you are coming around. It is a real issue, and one we need to start adapting to, particularly coastal cities. Not hair on fire react to, but sea level is rising, which we can measure, and will continue to be the way we see impacts first in the northeast. It will be the ‘nuisance floods’ which will start to hit municipal budgets first, barring a major storm. See Annapolis or Norfolk as good examples.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"that was not what Ronnie said, though."

Faire enough, he mentioned just panels.

Al Gore is an advocate? Maybe based on what he says, but not based on how he lives, right?

"Glad you are coming around"

I love animals, I love the outdoors, and I believe we have a big obligation o be responsible stewards of these beautiful ecosystems. That doesn't mean I'm going to knock down my house and live in a yurt, while hypocrites like Al Gore and Hollywood swells fly in private jets from one mansion to another. I don't think Al Gore believes a word of what he says., if he did, he would live differently. He says what he says, for the money and the adulation, in my opinion.

Have a wonderful new year Bryan, wishing you great stuff in 2018.