View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #55
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I guess it is easier than thinking

-spence
when you continually stand common sense on it's head in the form of regurgitated progressive talking points...there's not a whole lot of thinking required on either of our parts...whether in your assertions or in my reponses...you spew...I laugh....you remind me of an article that I read recently about Paul Krugman and his apparent crack up to the point that colleagues and his ombudsman have had to back away pointing out the fact that he's so wed to Keynesian theory and progressive politics that he can't mutter a competent thought or accept reality....

For example, Robert Barro, the distinguished Harvard economist, noted that Krugman "just says whatever is convenient for his political argument. He doesn't behave like an economist." The New York Times ombudsman Daniel Okrent observed that Paul Krugman has "the disturbing habit of shaping, slicing and selectively citing numbers in a fashion that pleases his acolytes but leaves him open to substantive assaults." James Taranto at the Wall Street Journal, after listing the falsities in Krugman's latest piece on climate last week, hazarded that perhaps "Krugman makes himself ridiculous merely to make our job easy."

see...we could substitute Spence for Krugman... most experts would agree