View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #47
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I didn't say the govt should shut down when it's in terrible financial shape. But when you're in terrible financial shape, you take steps to get your financial house in order.
The county seat of Will County is the fastest growing city in Illinois.

Quote:
Speculation on your part. Even if that's true, and it's a big 'if', that's what happens when those who pay your salary are broke. A pay cut is better than a pink slip.
No, it's math. Let's say your healthcare cost only 10,000 a year. If you're paying 5 wait now 10 percent of that per year the few percent of a 30,000 dollar salary isn't going to mean squat. Even with best case scenarios for wage increases you're not talking a lot more per month…

Does your health insurance cost more? Then you're screwed.

Quote:
The state is bankrupt Spence. If the taxpayers can't afford to pay 40% of the union $30k a year (plus insanely cheap healthcare, which you conveniently left out), then they have to find ways to spend less. Simple as that.
The union deal is with the county and not the state.

Quote:
They also ensured that pro-union politicians would get elected, and thus perpetuate the downward spiral.

As I said, honest people have been warning about this for as long as I have been alive. Unions didn't want to hear it. If they had listened back then, the required fix would not be as severe.

You can't have more than there is. And you reap what you sow.
And you can't grow if you can't provide basic services to the local economy. If anything this is trickle down economics. Invest in the infrastructure which promotes business growth.

Woa? Does that sound strange…I'll bet it does.

-spence