View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:24 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Back on track here. Biden has done nothing during his career that impresses me or even would put him into a discussion if I were asked to suggest some potentially qualified candidates. He would be hard pressed to start on the JV team. What he has is longevity. And he apparently wasn't/isn't savvy enough with tech to have gotten caught sending #^&#^&#^&#^& pics... This is a placeholder presidency IMO. He will get the hit, as will the Dems, but we ALL are going to have to pay for the year 2020, and the Stimulus checks that got Trump a lot of minority votes...(no one had done that for them before,,, right??? That was their take. Trump's name was on the check.) And COVID-19 happened... For many reasons. Most outside of the US. But it (COVID) is not something to blame on the man. Now his response.... that is up for discussion. A very lively discussion. But mark my words. We are ALL going to pay for this mess. For generations to come. But the fraudulent votes are clearly a higher priority for this administration....
Well, it needn't have been a mess. On the other hand, politics requires that it be a mess. His administration, throughout and before its term, was fought with far more than the usual political jabs and lies. And there was little to none of the usual opposing ideas for supposedly making it all right. Just criticism and opposition, and investigation, and impeachment. I don't recall such a vicious opposition, including a complicit anti-Trump Press. It is amazing that he accomplished as much as he did. If he had acted in the usual fake politically correct demeanor and verbiage of typical politicians, and just went about his business, it would have been a lot better. But it still would have been the same results. Maybe if he had shut up, he may have gotten a bit more help from the Repubs.

As for lively discussions about his response to covid, I had a lot with Pete F. All were welcome, but few participated. I pointed out how Pete's major criticisms were unsubstantiated accusations. The last one re Trump not following the "playbook" was a bit lively.