View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #279
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
On the surface nothing in those studies referenced back up Jim's claim. I didn't bother to dig deeper because:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/global-research/
I find mediabiasfactcheck to be biased. Their sources are not always trustworthy. Any factcheck org that uses the Southern Poverty Law Center as a source, loses any credibility with me.

That said, from your factchecker: "in review, GlobalResearch publishes a combination of real news and conspiracy theories." Being as there were synopses of peer reviewed articles, this should fall into the "real news" categories.

At any rate, you wanted an example. None of the studies, btw, said that masks did "nothing." To a nit-picking degree, Jim may be hard put to find a peer reviewed study that proves that masks do nothing. But more important is that there are differing scientific opinions about various aspects of the virus. That leads to uncertainty in the public.

And, more importantly, blaming Trump for the mask controversy, especially in the important early stages where many "experts" downplayed the effectiveness or necessity of wearing masks, is more politically motivated than factual.