Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 07:10 AM   #38
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Same with tree work Bob. Quoted a job and the guy laughed at me. Said he got a price 1/2 mine. The Asshats dropped the tree on the guys garage and had NO insurance. Guys call me back and wanted me to clean up the mess. Told him I was too busy.

Paul....It was quite a few years ago, I remember working diligently on the estimate, it was for a family room and large attached garage, big enough for the guys RV... total package ...everything included. I never gave prices on square footage....always a total breakdown of every aspect/cost start to finish. When we met to look over my proposal, the guy says "wow thats the price? I'll call you when I hit the lottery"
Waste of my time for sure....was a few weeks later, one evening around 10pm I get a phone call....woman was sobbing....something about the guy they hired ripping them off, and wanting me to consider renegotiating. Told her there was nothing I could do for them.

I love my trade.... never even thought about any other line of work, but dealing with customers...I dont miss that at all.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote