View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You have a different definition of beating this virus, but that’s to be expected, so when we reach 300,000 dead with still no comprehensive government plan or consistent messaging in place, will that be “winning”?
There is no evidence that Biden, or Hillary, or any Dem, would have done better. If anything, Biden and the Dems and the WHO and the Press and China said he overreacted and was xenophobic with his travel bans--which strongly indicates that they all would not have acted as early as Trump. And the "messaging" of the Dems early on was to be carefree and mingle in crowds with no mention of masks.

And Trump sped up the process for producing and getting vaccines and cures ready. There's no evidence that the Dems would have done that. If anything, the Dem "messaging" was that Trump was putting us in danger by trying to speed up the process. The normal process would have taken years. To this day they still try to put doubt in any vaccine that is produced under this administration. Which doesn't seem to me to be concerned with the well being of our people or with defeating the virus.

So I see no evidence that any Dem would have done better. What they have done very, very well is "message" all manner of doubt and disbelief in anything Trump says or does--starting before he even became President. And they did anything from a constant barrage of negative and even lying press, to unproven and unfounded accusations of treason, a stupid show trial impeachment, claiming without proof that he mishandled the pandemic by not starting early enough, saying that he has no national plan when he obviously has had a plan but is limited by his constitutional powers and therefor letting the states do what they are constitutionally given the power to do, and a relentless portrayal of orange man bad to really really bad.

To me, the Dem "message" that Trump is totally responsible exposes the authoritarian nature of their Progressive ideal--an all powerful central government in charge of every aspect of our lives. And a dictatorial executive administration that assumes all the governmental powers of the nation.

It is obvious, as with those anti-Trumpers on this forum, that their mission was not to join in on suggestions or help in anything other than bringing Trump down. They have gone way beyond the usual obstruction of an opposing administration.

I said we are on "the path" to beating it, not that it has been beaten. And Trump has laid down a foundation for winning as proven by his speedy recovery with the aid of one of the medications resulting from his operation warp speed. . . if the Dems don't mess it up.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-11-2020 at 05:04 PM..