View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Unemployment is way down. For blacks, it's at record lows. Judging by the democrat response to that at the State Of The Union, maybe that's not the good news I presume it is. Perhaps you can explain why that is...

Did the wealthy not get wealthier under Obama? Given the stock market surge, that would be a nifty trick.

When the economy grows, that will always help the wealthier more than it helps regular folks, because they have more money to invest. Maybe that's not fair, but it's not a bad thing either, the wealthy aren't taking anything away from anyone else, wealth isn't finite, it's not like a pizza. Racism and income inequality, two favorite things for liberals to fall back on when they have nohting else, and cannot admit that the other guy has a point.
Where did you get race out of that?
Income inequality is real and capital is somewhat finite, less so now that we do not have a gold standard.
But capital has been flowing to the people at the very top(think 1%) and has accelerated. It's not just the latest administrations fault, but the tax change did not help. I'm sure the Waltons deserve it, after all they spread 2% out among their employees.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin