View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Does this sound like a letter Don the Con would have written from New York Military Academy?

Dear Edward
This just serves to acknowledge receipt of yours per Cap Lowndes which was delivered me Yesterday. The truth of Cap Lightbourn & Lowndes information is now verifyd by the Presence of your Father and Sister for whose safe arrival I Pray, and that they may convey that Satisfaction to your Soul that must naturally flow from the sight of Absent Friends in health, and shall for news this way refer you to them. As to what you say respecting your having soon the happiness of seeing us all, I wish, for an accomplishment of your hopes provided they are Concomitant with your welfare, otherwise not, tho doubt whether I shall be Present or not for to confess my weakness, Ned, my Ambition is prevalent that I contemn the grov’ling and condition of a Clerk or the like, to which my Fortune &c. condemns me and would willingly risk my life tho’ not my Character to exalt my Station. Im confident, Ned that my Youth excludes me from any hopes of immediate Preferment nor do I desire it, but I mean to prepare the way for futurity. Im no Philosopher you see and may be jusly said to Build Castles in the Air. My Folly makes me ashamd and beg youll Conceal it, yet Neddy we have seen such Schemes successfull when the Projector is Constant I shall Conclude saying I wish there was a War.

I am   Dr Edward   Yours

Alex Hamilton

I gave you solid examples of substance re the qualifications for President per your excerpt from Hamilton's Federalist #68 and from the rest of that article not in your quote. You come up with a hyper verbose self-congratulatory letter by Hamilton riddled with language that 85% of the public would not understand, much less relate to, and make Hamilton, from that, somehow better than Trump.

As Sea Dangles said, Trump could well have written that kind of letter about himself, but in simpler English. Trump can connect with common people better than Hamilton. And Trump has personal friends and acquaintances who he is loyal to and vice versa. Trump has probably been way more charitable with his money than Hamilton was, if he was at all. Hamilton was an elitist who could probably never have been elected to the Presidency. There simply were stronger, more empathetic personalities who would have opposed him and connected with the voters better.

And I doubt that Trump would end a letter the same way that Hamilton did " I shall Conclude saying I wish there was a War." Trump may threaten and bluster. But his intention is to avoid war. He doesn't seem to want to get us involved in one.

Trump is the antithesis of Hamilton, Trump is much more like Buchanan, in his defense of privilege, dividing the nation and claims of harassment by Congress.
Buchanan was not successful at that, Trump won't be either.
Trump and Hamilton were quite alike in energy, drive, ambition, dogged determination, political and economic ideology, but different in their ability to put it all together as a leader of others rather than just being a stand alone phenom. Their understanding of other people's foibles is also not in total sync. Trump would never let his son participate in a duel, but if he did, he wouldn't have advised him to shoot first and purposely and obviously miss, as Hamilton told his son to do. Of course, his son was killed because of that stupidity. Then Hamilton was idiotic enough to repeat the same nonsense himself in the duel with Burr. With the same stupid result.

Trump has not divided the nation. The nation was already divided, for a long time and becoming more so. And the forces creating that division are now in hyper-drive to bring him down because he is a threat to their ill earned prestige and power, an absolute threat to their privilege, and a clarifying force who reveals how hypocritical, deceptive, corrupt, and truly un-American they are.

And, for those who understand this, he is very successful in doing so