Thread: What a shame
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim complain to the link and whats is in it.. he has no plan. what he is saying should have been done over the past 8 years instead of how many repeal attempts ...

in the US there are only 41 heath insurance company's and 11 Supplemental insurance company

Sadly there are not enough insurance company's to promote competition Trumps just playing to the uninformed who buy into the competition will lower prices ..

From the Party who supports 26 cable company's ... no Competition there
41 health insurance companies? Where did you get that number? That's funny, because at my company where I work , one of the insurance products we sell, is stop-loss insurance to health insurance companies. In other words, our customers, are health insurance companies. And even though we are a small player in that space, we have insurance policies with more than 50 health insurance companies.

Health insurance is expensive, but the profit margins in that business, are a bit below average, for profit margins for all markets - around 6% - 8%. So even if you made them profit-free, that doesn't save a ton.

Health insurance is expensive, because the thing being 'insured' (Healthcare) is very expensive. It's not because the health insurance companies are gouging. I have no idea how to make it cheaper, but we need to start by admitting the truth.