Thread: Credibility
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I have no problem (no huge problem) with the govt getting involved to the extent that it tries to minimize the number of people who fall through the cracks. I don't want the govt within a hundred miles of my own healthcare, or that of my family. That's why I get up every day and go to a job that I don't particularly like, so that I don't have to depend on the govt. But it's better than nothing, for the people who have no alternative.
I don't disagree. And I believe all of that was the case before Obamacare. As far as the numbers, too large for you, of those whose insurance will be taken away from them by the current GOP plan, no insurance will be "taken away." Insurance will be optional. Many may choose not to have it. That is probably the big number that the CBO says will not be covered. That will be a voluntary decision. The plan has its methods of making various types of insurance available to those in lower income brackets. Some of those methods will be removed over time as the economy improves and health care prices drop because of the overall tax and regulation policies which are instituted along with the impact of less expensive coverage. We shall see if the plan, after it has been amended and hammered out in debate in the House and Senate, then passed (if passed) works. Remember, it took three years to institute Obamacare after it was passed. This notion that the GOP plan should be ready and set to go RIGHT NOW is political demagoguery.