View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I saw this on Newsmax. And it sums up the GOP and their response to this trial

“But an acquittal does not make a foolish man a hero. A political movement that turns a deadly and ineffective vigilante into a role model is a movement that is courting more violence and encouraging more young men to recklessly brandish weapons in dangerous places, and that will spill more blood in America’s streets.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yes the entire gop is telling 17 year olds everywhere to charge into riots with ar-15s. that’s what we’re all saying.

and no prominent democrats did anything to support the violent rioters hat whole summer wayne?

you have no problem with riots that resulted in actual murders, god knows how many billions in property damage, with sometimes explicit encouragement from prominent democrats. chris cuomo said on national tv, “show me where it says protests have to be peaceful?”. ( hey dummy, it says exactly that in every criminal code ever written).

none of that concerns you at all.

most republicans aren’t celebrating what rittenhouse did ( defending it, isn’t celebrating it). what we are celebrating, is the relief we felt at knowing that our system of justice stood up to your sides baseless, horribly dishonest, liberal bloodlust aimed at a child.

your side humiliated themselves again, and they never deserved it more than with what they tried to do to this kid. they will pay. they’ll pay in civil court, and they’ll pay at the polls. you showed america what you’re capable of. let’s see how america responds. recent polling seems to be consistently saying that america doesn’t like whet it’s seeing.

a guy who you aren’t threatening in
any way, points a gun at your face from 5 feet away, and that’s not self defense? we have to have that conversation? seriously?

a guy who says “i’m going to kill you” and tries to wrestle your gun away from you, and you’ve done absolutely nothing to that guy, and that’s not a threat wayne?

what bothers me is the guy with the skateboard. he may have actually thought he was trying to subdue a murderer. his motives may have been decent. but when you look at it from rittenhouses perspective, it’s still clearly self defense.

that’s why riots are bad, and encouraging rioters for political gain, is also dangerous.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device