View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

My point isn't that there are no such thing as Muslim Terrorists.

A statement was made that ALL terrorists are Muslim.....I simply wanted to point out that that is just not true. That was the extent of my point....nothing more, nothing less.

If the statement was made that the majority of terrorists are Muslim I wouldn't have said a word....because that, in this day and age, IS true.

I also have no issue with your post because, Sadly, I would give the Muslim guys a second look....I wouldn't be proud of the fact....but I would still do it.

Now in your same Scenario, what if it turned out that the 5 guys in Military garb (you really don't know that they are Army Soldiers) ended up blowing up something......but you didn't notice the signs or keep an eye on them because you were to busy keeping your eye on the Muslim guys.

Now if the beer was missing on the flight You'd better believe I would be all over those 5 Irish Guys....Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Dad - I'll get right to the point since there have been way too many battles on this with RIR, Spence and others on this over the years. Here it is -

If you get on a plane with your kids and there are 5 US army soliders (McVeigh was in the military), 5 Irish speaking guys, 5 Nuns or 5 men in islamic garb - tell me that you would have the same safety concerns regardless of the group? If you say yes, you are dumb.
I cant put it anymore straightforward than that.
I dont worry about sharks when I swim in a lake. My brain has evolved to be able to determine risk based on what I witness and the environment, Its why man is the top of the food chain. Ignoring the overwhelming evidence is counter to evolution.
If you entered the terrorist attack data over the last 50 years into a computer and computed the liklihood of "who" would be most likely to commit a terrorist act the data would be OVERWHELMING that it would be muslim. Facts are facts.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."