View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #38
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
There are 9 billion tons of plastic going in the ocean each year. It is calculated that there are 8 billion straws on the world's shorelines. They aren't recyclable, they aren't necessary, there are alternatives. The ones you use might end up in the trash, but there are 500 million used per day in this country and lots of those don't get in the trash and lots that do still end up in water ways. It is a simple fix to a major problem.Much easier than fixing the budget. I do trash them but I also haven't used one unless it was put in my cup without asking me in probably 20 years. I worry more about the affects of plastic on marine ecosystems than I do about someone's straw for their cup of Sprite.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
US Plastic Straws - a terrible terrible gross mismanagement of the world ecosystem.

Linky: http://www.northeastern.edu/rugglesm...e-should-know/

Now it really is a problem, but a small one. It is TERRIBLY effective as fuel for the OutrageMachine, for both sides.

Next you won't be able to meltdown your straws in order to print an AR15 with a highcapacity semiautoclip.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: