View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #46
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How much of China's mismanaged plastic originated in other nations?
Dunno - persoanlly I think it should bre recycled and ground here and then reused.

How much of the world's mismanaged plastic originated from China?

But going with your premise - how far do you want to go back with the plastic? To the middle East as oil / petroleum products? Dinosaurs? This is a good point - let's ban Dinosaurs and other Prehistoric Flora and Fauna For Little Sally's straw ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Funny. But, and I am sure the faux news types won't tell you this, straws aren't banned outright in the places that have done it. It is a restaurant and bar ban. That little girl can take her straw anywhere she wants. Like they used to say at the end of gi Joe, knowing is half the battle.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The whole entire notion is ludicrous, that banning of straws anywhere will truly curtail the plastioceanic gyres that blight the oceans.

Want to fight pollution? Fine the people polluting. There are existing laws for this, rarely enforced. Start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I read that as we are in the top 20 of plastic pollution. There are 195 countries so we are in the top 10% of contributors. Because china is worse we should ignore it? Seems like a pretty low standard to set. Outrage machine? The outraged seem to be all the children crying in the street over the fact that they won't get a straw at McDonald's. Never mind, I haven't seen that. Without this forum, I wouldn't have known anyone would be outraged.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And by the above NEU study we are 1/20th what the leading producer of tonnes of plastic pollution. If you add all other 175 producers we probably 1/30th of total plastipollution. But Santa Barbara will feel good they did something goshdarnit ; )

Someone needs to print a Rascinate out of recycled Plastic Straws, next to their AR15

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: