Thread: Trump* on blame
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't consider them experts. But what I said was, the hosts and their producers, decide which "experts" to bring on their show. If you are comfortable trusting the expert selected by a host so demented that they blame Trump for someone drinking fish tank cleaner, that's your right. But obviously those hosts are as politically biased as anyone you will ever see on Fox. So forgive me if I'm skeptical of their experts, especially when other experts are saying the opposite.

You haven't told us why you believe the experts who coincidentally are bashing Trump...but you don't need to, we know why, and your avoidance of the question only makes it that much more obvious. When two groups of "experts" are saying the opposite thing, most people will side with those with whom they already agree.

Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty easy, not always fair. But how any people back in mid January were saying we needed to be in lockdown? 95% of the people I heard back then, said that Trumps travel ban was going too far, that the virus didn't warrant such a nationalist response.

Is there any special reason why you won't comment on Pelosi or Diblasio telling their constituents in late February, to continue to go to crowded public places?
I’m not listening to news network hosts, the nuts on the view or late night with Maddow, I’m listening to experts in the field who have worked their entire lives in this field. To me and you are entitled to your opinion based on where you get your intel, the efforts to test and gear up happened far to late to get out in front of this. To compound things, the social distancing efforts were also late, but why would anyone feel the need when our president has downplayed this until just recently as it finally dawned on him crap this is bad.

I don’t follow what Nancy or others have or are saying during this, I’ve tried to weed out the noise and focus on listening to people in this field. I’d have to have a timeline and context to comment and guess what they are not the messaging a large part of Americans were listening to, back in February; the messaging from the top was their focus. It was bad then and only in the last two nightly briefings has it become more honest and real, too little to late IMHO.