View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 05:44 AM   #12
Rmarsh

It turns out that the guy that found the sketch in his attic is a prominent business man in the community and is also currently on the Board of Directors of The Boys and Girls Club. He told my son that he wants to use the drawing to help promote a new art program that they are trying to get started at the facility.
He has seen the other artwork my dad has signed and agrees there is no doubt that the date, age and signature all match.

My son is going to try to meet with him today to see if we can have a copy made or even get the original back. In exchange we would be happy to make a monetary donation to the Boys and Girls Club.
We could also offer copies of work my dad did after his days at the Boys Club as a timeline. So we will have to see what happens, it is up to him.

After a rough start my Dad went on to become a great man.
With no formal schooling, he attended a training program offered by the US Navy, his aptitude was tested and found to be at a very high level, went to work at Boston Naval Shipyard and quickly surpassed his college educated co-workers. He was also a great dad to me and my seven siblings.
Getting this sketch back would mean a lot to my whole family...especially my mom.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote