View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m pretty sure you have no idea what “identity politics” means. Trump is incredibly vulgar and insulting, but he’s not obsessed with reducing people to their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, blah blah blah. You guys do that incessantly, not my side. Here is a rare case where is absolutely bit the democrats in the ass. And it was beyond glorious, and obviously helps trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm sure you have no clue about what you speak.

You honestly believe the Trumplican Party is reflective of the composition of this country by any measure or that it has the desire to be?

It consists of:
8% of black voters
20% of hispanic voters
12% of asian voters

Trumpworld is the home of white identity politics and Floridaman plays the chords very well.

Trumplicans feel, to some extent, that the rug is being pulled out from under them — that the benefits they have enjoyed because of their race, their groups’ advantages, and their status atop the racial hierarchy are all in jeopardy.
That more attention needs to be given to the dire circumstances of working white men and women, Trump’s election was a white, working-class, often rural backlash and what is needed is a focus on Middle America.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin