View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Idiot - where have I criticized your typos? I'm not as petty as SD or Scott to point out typos.

I like it here and wouldn't move to the majority of conservative states. Many stats rank CT (and other liberal states) much higher than conservative states but if $ is the only thing that matters to you so be it.

The Repubs. put up horrible candidates (Hyde, the last guy who ran for Gov with no platform other than he would get rid of the income tax w/o telling us how he would make up revenue, etc).
"where have I criticized your typos? "

That I didn't know who I was talking to, that was a typo...

"if $ is the only thing that matters to you so be it. "

Nice dodge. I asked if liberalism has worked in CT.

Stefanowski was a good candidate. It's just a blu state, a challenge even for good candidates. They're not all like Hyde, Paul. The speaker pf the house in CT is a democrat named Joe Aresimowicz. Know what his full time job is? He works full-time for AFSCME, the largest state employee labor union. He's not in the union, he is the union. And he votes on budgets. No conflict of interest there! Shocker that our debt is $40,000 per person.

CT has many nice features. But it's stupidly expensive, and about to get a lot more so. But nice dodge.