View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 01:15 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim Republicans are cowards they will never put abortion on the ballot odd you call gerrymandering and the republicans have done such a great job they can’t lose it rigged at the state house .. keep calling that Democracy..

Let SC and all the states put abortion on the ballot ban it on a state wide referendum! And respect the will of the people not the will of the Donors
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Jim Republicans are cowards they will never put abortion on the ballot "

States are already implementing "trigger laws" to implement abortion bans the second after Roe is overturned. And the Governors and legislators who are passing those laws, are not appointed for life, they get re-elected. So once again, you are making up demonstrably false gibberish. You think republicans in SC, TX, and OK are afraid of abortion? They're afraid of not passing abortion laws.

Where on Earth do you get this stuff?

"odd you call gerrymandering and the republicans have done such a great job they can’t lose it rigged at the state house .. keep calling that Democracy."

I live in CT. Here, the democrats gerrymandered the one red district, they re-drew it to include enough of the city of Waterbury, to keep it blue. Why is it OK when democrats do it?

For the tenth time, can you tell us how gerrymandering helps anyone in a statewide race? Governors races, US senate races, does gerrymandering do ANYTHING?

"Let SC and all the states put abortion on the ballot ban it on a state wide referendum! "

I'm OK with either a referendum, or with having regularly elected politicians do it. It gets you to pretty much the same place.

"And respect the will of the people not the will of the Donors"

You don't need a referendum to reflect the will of the people. Regular elections do that.

You know what doesn't reflect the will of the people? Having 9 unelected lawyers decide huge issues for the whole country. No thanks.

Will you criticize blue states for not putting their abortion plans to a statewide referendum?