View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I am amazed that every one of us doesn't first feel outrage with the extremism and dirty play exhibited from both sides..... A common call to decency and working together is long overdue. There is an awful lot of good in the last writings and quotes from Senator John McCain that both sides should seriously contemplate. One of my favorites:

We are three-hundred-and-twenty-five million opinionated, vociferous individuals. We argue and compete and sometimes even vilify each other in our raucous public debates. But we have always had so much more in common with each other than in disagreement. If only we remember that and give each other the benefit of the presumption that we all love our country we will get through these challenging times. We will come through them stronger than before. We always do.
I don't know that we have that much more in common anymore. And from where I sit, that's because the left has gone completely off the deep end, it started with Bush 43 when the Iraq War started going horribly...got worse with McCain, and now with Trump, they have come completely, and I mean completely, unglued. Trump is not helping at all, but he is only POTUS because the left never stops hitting below the belt with people they disagree with. Until they are deceased, apparently. And even then, only if their deaths can be weaponized against Trump.