View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Mr. Sandman

yesterday close offshore

fished the dump and picked up 3 small bft about 36" or so just past the claw and just over the northern west end of the dump. Nothing at the southern end. . Had a few other knock downs one persistent fish pounded a small splash bar way back about 5 times before giving up but no hookup. One small mahi . I saw a whale off in the distance and a few dolphin but to be honest it was a quiet day. I didn't see any whites but I heard of a couple sightings. One of my leaders was all chaffed up and I am thinking that might have been one of the mystery knockdowns. I would wait until a new slug of hot water makes its way into the dump before running to the southern edge and beyond. We also got a small tuna on a melton cherry jet trolled at 13 knots. We were moving to new spot and for the hell of it I put a jet head and a wahoo lure with weight in the water...in a few minutes the jethead went off and it was a bft. go figure. no good hard breaks. water about 70 but it is pretty blue and clear to the south with patches of weed hear and there.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote