View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
In all honesty, if you don't fish that much, it's kind of a large investment. It is also a lot of work to get the thing rigged up, loaded on and off your car and get out there to fish. You really have to love doing it for it to all be worth it. Most, if not all of us in the forum are kayak-obsessed and would rather deal with the extra effort than just fishing from shore, but it's not for everybody, so I would recommend giving it a shot before you buy everything.

all that said, most people, when they get their fist "sleigh ride" are hooked on yakking...
One of my main reasons for buying a kayak was that I see way too much water (fresh and salt) that I can't access from shore.
Now, there aren't too many places I can't get to, and fishing has been taken to a whole other level.

The real fun aspect of kayak fishing (for me) is being so close to the water and the fish. Imagine being able to approach a school of fish very quietly, and be ing able to cast to them with ease, and there's no one else around to interrupt the action?
Getting a kayak is like buying a car or a bicycle in that everyone has their own preference as to what they want and how they will be using it. Some like a model with all the bells and whistles, others like a basic model with a basic setup.
As was statd ealier, try a couple models that you might be interested in and then and only then will you be able to decide if a kayak is in your future.
If yes, you could also check around for used kayaks (if $$ is tight).

Good luck!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote