View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, Jim, she did not say all republicans are deplorable. You are generalizing and resorting to hyperbole, something you get on us liberals for all the time.

She was referring to the Trump supporters who were homophobic, xenophobic etc… That is not calling all republicans and certainly not specifically McCain and Romney deplorable. I think the folks that fall into those racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic are deplorable. On that I’d agree with her.

Listen, she wasn’t my first second or fifth choice for 2016, but I think she was a better choice than the jackass we have now. This isn’t a defense of a comment that probably could have been more tactful and less derisive, but don’t generalize to try and fit your agenda. I would also love to see Pelosi go, she isn’t the leadership I want in the current democratic party.

Quote (from politifact, I added bold),
We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.
Ok, so she called half of trump supporters ( tens of millions of people), the most disgusting things possible. You want to defend that, pretend it was something other than what it was, knock yourself out.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device